Skip to main content
All right, I promise to be more regular with this now, especially now that I can ;)
There have been quite a few developments lately. One of them is my website. Check out http://aditya.adotout.net. Its not very jazzy though, primarily due to my lack of expertise to make it jazzy. And also because I want to be able to see it through lynx/links.
I've been working a bit on x3270 which is a mainframe terminal emulator client. Planning to deploy and promote it in Infy. Its been a lot a fun and has been irritating at times. GUI programming has alays been irritating for me.
Other than that, I was confirmed as an employee of Infosys pretty recently. Which basically means that I completed one year out here. We had a small private celebration at Rujuta's place where I ate Tandoor chicken from Blue Nile to my heart's content and we watched 'Schiendler's List'. Perhaps not an apt choice for the occasion, but I had never seen it before and I loved it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affine Transform

Affine Transform The affine transform is quite simply, a piece of art. Usually when you have a linear system with 2 dimensions,
An 'eye opener' Let's say that you are teaching a class. Let's say that you are teaching Unix. You have drawn a neat sketch of the inode-wise layout of the disk and you are explaining the concept of the hierarchical filesystem and directories and inodes and hard and soft links with the help of your neat diagram. Suddenly you discover that one of the students is not getting the whole picture ... because he can't see ... *because he is blind*. At that moment I didn't really feel the impact because I was too engrossed in the subject, too engrossed in teaching. But the whole thing really hit me hard on the bus ride home. A thousand questions were raised, not many answered. First, about teaching - in such a situation, do you teach for the lowest denominator or the higher one. Doing anything is going to unfair to the other category. But in this case, the whole problem is magnified to a huge extent. I obviously cannot rely so much on gr...

Dumb and dumber

I think I gave myself the proof that my dumbness is unparalleled. There are two independent queues in our canteen for getting food coupons. After waiting in the first queue, for some reason, I decided to spend another fifteen minutes in the second one. I realised my stupid mistake when I reached the counter and the lady asked me what I wanted. I said 'nothing' and proceeded to the food counter, leaving the lady wondering what the hell had just happened. It going to be difficult to beat this act of stupidity!