The reason why I have written to this blog in some time is that the mailed
blogs are not getting formatted correctly.<br>
Lets see whether this one goes through!<br>
Otherwise, I might as well switch to <B>LJ</B>. Coz the Blogger site is
patheticly slow.
An 'eye opener'
Let's say that you are teaching a class. Let's say that you are teaching Unix.
You have drawn a neat sketch of the inode-wise layout of the disk and you are
explaining the concept of the hierarchical filesystem and directories and
inodes and hard and soft links with the help of your neat diagram. Suddenly
you discover that one of the students is not getting the whole picture ...
because he can't see ... *because he is blind*.
At that moment I didn't really feel the impact because I was too engrossed in
the subject, too engrossed in teaching. But the whole thing really hit me
hard on the bus ride home. A thousand questions were raised, not many
answered.
First, about teaching - in such a situation, do you teach for the lowest
denominator or the higher one. Doing anything is going to unfair to the other
category. But in this case, the whole problem is magnified to a huge extent.
I obviously cannot rely so much on gr...
Comments