Skip to main content

Infy work past Kanbay, Zensar register shock defeat!

Today was the first day of the inter-IT football tournament. The opening match
was Infosys vs Kanbay. Having seen Kanbay's game before, we knew how we had
to play and what exactly we had to do to win. The good part is that everybody
stuck to their task and stuck to the plan. The plan was really simple. Choke
up Kanbay's supply options. One way to do that was to mark Sam Chauvhan.
Having tried that many times before and failed, having seen others try that
before and having seen them fail, that option was just disregarded. The other
way to do it was to prevent him from making his trademark passes and supplies
by choking off the rest of them. And we did that pretty well.
The first goal for Infy came via Peeyush who capitalised on a great through
ball by Rajeev. The second was a penalty which I converted. I was a bit
nervous when Sam C himself decided to keep for the penalty. Nervous because
he has seen me taking penalties quite a few penalties before and he knows my
style. The third was scored by Sandeep with a run through the defence (there
wasn't much of it by then) and a cool headed flick past the keeper.
Kanbay hit one back, but I dont even recall how that happened. The game was
almost over by then. Final result - 3:1.

The shock of the day came when Zensar, a first timer in corporate football
tournaments beat the group favourites MBT 3:2. The most amazing thing was
that Zensar had 3 shots on goal - all three went in. Zensar have a very fast
centre forward with a powerfull left foot.
This win by Zensar now throws the pool completely wide open. Infy will have to
fight their way right through the tournament!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affine Transform

Affine Transform The affine transform is quite simply, a piece of art. Usually when you have a linear system with 2 dimensions,
An 'eye opener' Let's say that you are teaching a class. Let's say that you are teaching Unix. You have drawn a neat sketch of the inode-wise layout of the disk and you are explaining the concept of the hierarchical filesystem and directories and inodes and hard and soft links with the help of your neat diagram. Suddenly you discover that one of the students is not getting the whole picture ... because he can't see ... *because he is blind*. At that moment I didn't really feel the impact because I was too engrossed in the subject, too engrossed in teaching. But the whole thing really hit me hard on the bus ride home. A thousand questions were raised, not many answered. First, about teaching - in such a situation, do you teach for the lowest denominator or the higher one. Doing anything is going to unfair to the other category. But in this case, the whole problem is magnified to a huge extent. I obviously cannot rely so much on gr...

Dumb and dumber

I think I gave myself the proof that my dumbness is unparalleled. There are two independent queues in our canteen for getting food coupons. After waiting in the first queue, for some reason, I decided to spend another fifteen minutes in the second one. I realised my stupid mistake when I reached the counter and the lady asked me what I wanted. I said 'nothing' and proceeded to the food counter, leaving the lady wondering what the hell had just happened. It going to be difficult to beat this act of stupidity!